1. Our Pledge
K-Town Hub Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data and this Private Policy Statement (PPS) explains our privacy practices.
In our policy to pledge to comply with the requirements of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the laws of Hong Kong and all related codes of practice and guidance notes issued by the Privacy Commissioner.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding how your personal data will be treated. This policy may revise from time to time.
In the event that there is any inconsistency between English and Chinese version of this PPS, the English version shall prevail.
2. Types of personal data collected
At times, you may be required to provide you personal data including, but not limited to, your name, gender, age, ID number, telephone number, home address, email address, credit card information, bank account number, education level, occupation and etc. Refusal to provide such information may prevent us from providing certain services to you. If you are under 18, you must obtain the consent from parents or guardians before disclosing any of your personal data to us.
3. Purpose for collection of personal data
Your personal data may be collected when you register an account, subscribe newsletter, make a purchase, participate in promotional activities or apply to be our member.
The purposes for which we may use your personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, these personal data will be marked as “mandatory” in the membership form and you must provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data is only to be used for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to provide such information to us or not.
Purposes for which it is obligatory for you to provide personal data are:P
- Enrolment into and maintain your membership as our member;
- Accumulating bonus points as our member;
- Communicating to your entitlements and privileges as our member;
- Redemption of privileges as a member;
- Notification of any amendment to the membership programme, treatment plans and products information;
- Data cleansing and customers profile updates;
- Relationship building; and
- Other continuous customer support services in relation to your membership. Purposes for which it is voluntary for you to provide personal data are:
- Provide the most suitable treatments and suggestions to you;
- To enable us better to understand the demographics of our customers;
- For internal research and analysis to enable is to provide rewards, services and product information or offerings better tailored to your needs;
- Market research;
- To enable our beauty advisor to follow up;
- To distribute customer satisfaction survey;
- To send out VIP newsletters and VIP program updates; and
- Direct Marketing.
4. Direct Marketing
Unless you have indicated your objection, we may use your personal data including, but not limit to, your name, address, telephone number and email address in purposes of sending you promotional and marketing information on our products and services. By law, we will not use your personal data for this purpose unless we have received your consent.
If at any time you wish not to receive any direct marketing information from us, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us through mail or email.
K-Town Hub Limited
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
In case we do collect personal information from you, we will
- Inform you (by way of this PPS or by a separate notification) that we are doing so and the use that we will make of such personal data we collect;
- Where relevant, give you the opportunity to opt out;
- Tell you how we will store your personal data and how you can review, change and delete the personal data we have stored. All personal data collected and held by us will be kept confidential but we may transfer or disclose such data to the following parties
- Any member companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with K-Town Hub Limited;
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to us in connection with the processing and storage of your data;
- Any actual or proposed assignee, transferee or successor of K-Town Hub Limited; and
- Government or regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies or other organizations as required or authorized by law. If at any time you wish not to disclose your information from us, please notify us through mail and provide your name, membership number and contact number.
K-Town Hub Limited
We use cookie technology to analysis how visitors use the Website. A cookie is information saved by your web browser, the software program you use to visit the Website. This allows us to recognize you each time when you visit our Website.
We use cookie to allow you to use the Site without re-entering your user name and password, enable you to browse the Website and use our features, improve our products and services and deliver adverts relevant to you.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically and you may configure the browser of your electronic device to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site after deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies.
7. Your right to access and correction
You may at any time request access to and to correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete or correct your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us by email or mail, marking you communication “Confidential”. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. Pursuant to Section 23 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we will correct your personal date within 40 days upon request without charge.
K-Town Hub Limited
8. Retention of the information
Our general policy is to retain the information for a reasonable period for review and verification purpose. Personal data that is no longer necessary for the purpose for which the data was originally collected will be destroyed.
All personal data provided by you will be properly stored in our customer service system and can only be accessed by authorized persons.
K-Town Hub Limited
Customer Services Centre
11. Personal data collection statement
As a customer of K-Town Hub Limited, you may be required to provide your personal data (“Personal Data”) to us before any trial or purchase of our services and/or products (“Services”). Incomplete or incorrect data may prevent us from providing or continuously providing the Services.
We will always keep your personal data confidential. Our policies and practices regarding collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer and confidentiality of and access to your personal data comply with the laws of Hong Kong and are stated in this Statement.
You agree that we may use and retain any personal data provided by you for the following purposes and any other purposes mutually agreed by you and us or required by law from time to time:P
- Provision of Services;
- Promotion of any goods and/ or services related to the Services or any other goods and/or services by us, our agents, subsidiaries or business partners;
- Handling of any interest in or in relation to the Services;
- Analysis, confirmation and/or verification of your credit, payment and/ or other status in respect of the provision of the Services;
- Handling of any payment instructions, direct debit payment and/or credit payment requested by you;P
You also agree that for the above purposes, we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside Hong Kong) the right to use, disclose, hold, handle, retain or transfer your personal data to our agents, contractors, any telecommunication operators, any third party receiving organizations, any credit consultants, any security organizations, any credit providers, banks, financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us, and any actual or proposed assignees of us.
In addition, pursuant to the agreement between you and us, we may disclose and transfer (whether within or outside Hong Kong) your personal data to K-Town Hub Limited and its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and any companies in which they have an interest, and may store the Personal Data in the database or databases (which may contain any other information collected by us or to K-Town Hub Limited and its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or any companies in which they have an interest) held by us or to K-Town Hub Limited and its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and any companies in which they have an interest for the above purposes to promote any goods and/ or services of us and/or to K-Town Hub Limited and its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and any companies in which they have an interest and to compare any other information provided by you to us and/ or to K-Town Hub Limited and its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and any companies in which they have an interest for the above purposes. If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials of any goods and/ or services unrelated to the Services, or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your personal data for the purposes described herein, please send your request together with your name, membership number and contact number in writing to the following address.
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you shall have the right to:
- Confirm whether your data is being held by us;
- Access the data held by us within a reasonable period;
- Access the data held by us in a reasonable manner;
- Correct any incorrect personal data.
Pursuant to the Ordinance, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for accessing any personal data. If you wish to access or correct your personal data, or acquire a copy of the data held by us, please send your request in writing to the following address:
K-Town Hub Limited
Customer Services Centre
Last updated on May 01, 2018
K-Town Hub Limited. All rights reserved